The word VERY is an adverb and an intensifier – it comes before an adverb or adjective to make it more intense (to a higher degree).
- Say gaunt instead of very thin.
- Say hideous instead of very ugly.
- Say villainous instead of very wicked.
- Say silent instead of very quiet.
- Say exact instead of very accurate.
- Say spotless instead of very clean.
- Say cherished instead of very dear.
- Say ecstatic instead of very happy.
- Say huge instead of very large.
- Say tiny instead of very little.
If you have any questions or doubts, please ask in the comments or send me a private message.