Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects. It is an alternative to “conventional” waste disposal that can save material and help lower greenhouse gas emissions. Which of the items do you recycle?
Here are some of the benefits of recycling:
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators.
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals.
- Increases economic security by creating a new a source of materials.
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials.
- Saves energy.
- Conserves valuable resources.
- Helps create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries.
Can you think of any other ways to benefit our planet?
If you have any questions or doubts, please ask in the comments or send me a private message.